1. Wash your feet. This cleans and warms them.
2. The best massages use a lubricant to make the massage easier. Adding essential oils provides the benefits of that specific oil. Add 1-2 drops of lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus, or tea tree essential oils mixed with your regular skin lotion or a carrier oil such as sweet almond oil or coconut oil.
3. Let’s start with your toes. Squeeze, pull and twist each toe one at a time, moving from the joint to the tip and the largest toe to the smallest.
4. Using both thumbs, massage the soles of your foot from top to bottom, applying strong pressure for a few seconds to each spot. Concentrate on your aches and pains or use the reflexology chart to guide you.
5. Massage heels, ankles and achilles areas.
6. Don’t forget about the tops of the feet. You have reflexology points there too!
7. Repeat these steps for the other foot.
8. Experts recommend giving yourself a foot massage every night for the best results.
Go ahead, try it tonight. Give yourself this gift of a little nighttime self-care, then let me know in the comments below how it was, or what changes you start to see and feel. Plus, if you need any help with additional essential oils, simply ask.
We’ve been (mostly I have been) taking off the living room really old and dirty rug and now we have hardwoods shining before us. It is wonderful. We also went on a nice walk in Riverside.
Cat on uncarpeted floor
turkey tracks on our walk today and beautiful Sycamore tree